The British Sociological Association's mission is to represent the intellectual and sociological interests of its members. In doing so, the association aims to:
- Provide information and services to members;
- Seek to influence policies affecting sociology within the wider social sciences remit;
- Promote the identity of the discipline and its practitioners/scholars;
- Enhance the context for the pursuit of sociology;
- Maintain and encourage links with sociologists throughout the world;
- Publish journals, books and other materials;
- Generate income from activities related to the work of the BSA;
- Establish and maintain suitable systems of management for the BSA;
- Act as responsible employers, with appropriate concern for the health and welfare of its employees.
Return to About homepage.