The British Sociological Association and the Work, Employment and Society Editorial Board are pleased to announce that the WES Conference 2013 will be hosted by the University of Warwick. Like the journal, the conference is sociologically oriented, but welcomes contributions from related fields.
The conference has an international focus and comes at a critical time for the study of work. Over the few last years, unprecedented state intervention in the economy and subsequent radical reform plans for the public sector and the welfare state have raised new questions on the ways work is socially regulated: the WES 2013 conference will bring together sociologists of work from across the globe to assess the evidence and consider the theoretical implications of changing relations between work, society and the state.
- Prof Bridget Anderson, Oxford University
- Prof Patrick Bond, Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Mr Han Dongfang, China Labour Bulletin
- Prof Stefano Harney, Singapore Business School
- Prof Anke Hassel, Hertie School, Berlin
- Prof Chris Howell, Oberlin College
- Prof Bob Jessop, Lancaster University
- Prof Ruth Milkman, City University New York
- Prof Jackie O’Reilly, Brighton University
- Dr Tim Pringle, SOAS
- Prof Saskia Sassen, Columbia University
- Prof Peter Turnbull, Cardiff University
Friday, 19 April 2013: Deadline for abstract submission
Friday, 19 July 2013: Last date for presenters to register
BSA Events Team
Tel: 0191 383 0839
Fax: 0191 383 0782
Return to Events homepage.