BSA Medical Sociology Conference 2022
14-16 September 2022
Lancaster University, UK
Save the date - Call for Papers
We are pleased to announce abstract submission for the BSA Medical Sociology Conference will open in January 2022. We will welcome abstract submissions for oral presentations, poster presentations and special events structured around the streams listed below. We welcome papers reporting empirical research findings as well as those that are more theoretical in orientation. We also welcome papers presenting work-in-progress and those testing out new and exciting methodological approaches to research in the sociology of health and medicine. Please note that presenters will be able to present only one paper at the conference, although they may be authors on more than one.
We are aware presenters have been experiencing some issued when submitting papers which include co-authors, therefore, we will provide an alternative method of submission for this - please watch this space for details. If you are submitting a special event send this to the BSA Events Team and do not submit online.
- Citizenship and Health Lifecourse – reproductive health; chronic conditions; ageing; death and dying
- Complementary and Alternative Medicines Mental Health
- Critical Public Health Methods
- Embodiment and Emotion Open
- Environment and Health Patient – professional interaction
- Ethics Pharmaceuticals
- Ethnicity Politics of Health
- Experiences of Health and Illness Professions
- Gender Risk
- Health Policy Screening and Diagnosis
- Health Care Organisations STS and Medicine
- Health Service Delivery Teaching Medical Sociology
- Inequalities Theory
The abstract submission deadline is Friday, 29 April 2022, abstracts received after this date, will not be considered. Abstract submission will open in January 2022 along with more details about the conference.
Please send any queries to the BSA Events Team.