Join the Group
HaPS welcomes more members and we hope that your Department or grouping will join us and actively participate in our work in the coming period.
How to become a HaPS Member
The BSA holds funds on behalf of HaPS and has kindly agreed to collect subscriptions on our behalf. You can make your membership payment in three ways:
Option 1 - Online
Please pay your subscription fee online here. If you don't have a Paypal account, please choose Check Out as a Guest.
Option 2 - Telephone
Call the BSA Office on 0191 383 0839 and select option 2 during the office hours of 9.00am-5.00pm. Please have your debit/credit card details ready and state that you wish to pay your HaPS subscription.
Option 3 - Post
- Complete the Membership Subscription Form and send to: HaPS subscriptions, c/o British Sociological Association, Bailey Suite, Palatine House, Belmont Business Park, Belmont, Durham DH1 1TW
- Please indicate your preferred method of payment on the form. If paying by cheque, please make it payable to: 'British Sociological Association' and write on the back of your cheque: HaPS/your name/your Department or sociology grouping.
Join the SOC-HODS Mailing List
In addition to membership of HaPS and participation in our activities we encourage all Professors of Sociology to join the SOC-HODS Mailing List. This is a long-standing mailing list that is used by members to communicate job opportunities, conferences and seminars, opportunities to act as external examiners and related issues.
To subscribe to the announcement list of the HaPS Group, send an email to JISCMAIL with the following information:
- Subject line - leave empty.
- In the body of the message, include your name after the listname: SUBSCRIBE SOC-HODS Firstname Surname
- You will receive a welcome message confirming your subscription within one hour. If you don't receive anything check your spam/junk filters. If you have any queries or difficulties joining the list, please contact the convenors below.
- To unsubscribe from the list, send an e-mail to JISCMAIL, leave the Subject line blank, and in the message body write: UNSUBSCRIBE SOC-HODS
- Visit the JISCMAIL archive to review past postings.