SAGE Campus Training
SAGE Campus is an online platform offering a series of courses for sociologists. Developed in collaboration with social science experts and organisations, each course is designed to provide concrete, practical skills that can be applied to real-life sociological research.
SAGE Campus supports the teaching and learning of skills and research methods through user friendly structured online learning. The style is self-paced and instructor-led, comprised of an engaging mix of quality content, video, interactives and formative assessments. The flexible learning pathways cover tricky skills and research methods that can be applied across all stages of academic study; from undergraduates looking to critically assess information to researchers looking to report and publish their data.
As a BSA member you have access to a wealth of content. There are 34 online courses on the SAGE Campus platform, with planned releases of new courses every six months. All courses are stand-alone but have handy learner pathways to achieve specific learning goals.
Courses are aimed at supporting BSA members with data literacy, research skills, data science skills and getting published to name but a few. Here are just some of the courses available:
- Introduction to Data Management
- Do Your Interviews
- Critical Reading and Writing
- How to Write a Journal Article
- Peer Review, Feedback, and Decisions
- Article Acceptance to Promotion
- Collecting Social Media Data
- Introduction to Python, R, Text Mining and many more….
Follow these steps to access your SAGE Campus account (registration is required):
- Login to your BSA Account
- Select MyBSA from the top of the screen
- Select Members Area from the right-hand menu
- Scroll to Member Resources and click on the “Go to Campus” button
- You will then be asked to Sign in or Register with SAGE Campus – please use the email address affiliated with your BSA account
Please let us know if you have any issues or need further assistance with accessing the platform and we will be happy to help.