The study group provides a forum in which to explore how to effectively bring sociology's unique perspective to bear on this most pressing of challenges. The study group is open to all sociologists, from whatever specialism and at whatever stage they may be at in their career.
- To provide a platform from which to promote sociological contributions and interventions to the climate change debate.
- To increase visibility of what the discipline has to offer across a range of related policy domains.
- To provide a point of reference for researchers and research funders (including the ESRC).
- To generate new lines of sociological enquiry into climate change.
- To provide networking opportunities for sociologists and those working in associated disciplines.
- To offer a space for PhD students and early career researchers to develop experience of organizing talks and other academic events.
- To host at least one major meeting a year, alongside smaller regional events.