The Group aims to:
- To provide a forum to bring together the diversity of studies of families, households and relationships of members working across academic disciplines.
- To promote dialogue between those who focus on sociology of families, intimacies and relationship and specialists in gender, sexuality and relationships research, taking in the broad range of possible substantive and theoretical concerns of contemporary sociology and forging new connections.
- To encourage links between senior and junior researchers regionally, nationally and internationally, providing an opportunity for networking and the development of collaborative research across the fields of study.
- To interrogate the key concepts and theoretical frameworks which are deployed in sociological analyses of families and relationships.
- To complement the work of university based research centres by providing a national network and hub for discussion.
Follow us on Twitter for up to the minute news!
The Family Study Group Annual Report is now available.