COVID-19 and Sociology Opportunities & Resources
We are keen to support the sociological community throughout the current crisis. One of the ways we're doing this is by providing you with details of opportunities and resources that may help you and your research make a difference in these uncertain times.
- The International Public Policy Observatory (IPPO) is a new collaboration of UK academic institutions and other global networks, established to help policymakers throughout the UK address the social impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
IPPO is now seeking to develop a network of topic specialists who can advise on, review and author IPPO’s various content streams – ranging from blogs and ‘rapid answers’ to in-depth evidence briefs and systematic reviews. Complete the survey.
- Mental Health and Well-being in Academia - Research
- World in Motion: Early Reflections on the impact of COVID-19 on Global Higher Education - Special Issue of Educational Review
- Campaign for Social Science Policy Monitor - COVID-19
- COVID-19 Outbreak Expert Database
- UK Government COVID-19 Expert Database
- UKRI funding for ideas that address COVID-19: Proposals are invited for short-term projects addressing and mitigating the health, social, economic, cultural and environmental impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Call for rapid response papers – Special Issue of The European Sociologist: Pandemic (Im)Possibilities
- Nuffield call for project proposals
- Discover Society Rapid Response COVID-19
- Cost of Living Blog
- Alan Petersen - Vaccine vacations: Countries cashing in on the quest for COVID jabs
- Shaping the COVID decade: addressing the long-term societal impacts of COVID-19 - A report by the British Academy who were asked by the Government Office for Science to produce an independent review to address the question: What are the long-term societal impacts of COVID-19?
- The COVID Decade: understanding the long-term societal impacts of COVID-19 - A companion report of Shaping the COVID decade (above) by The British Academy.
- A Global Approach to the Vaccine with Dr Ann Kelly - Podcast
- Society for Research into Higher Education Special issue of Studies in HE: The impact of a pandemic -global perspectives
- Campaign for Social Sciences - COVID-19 video series
- Campaign for Social Science - Social sciences responding to COVID-19 hub
- Watch the video from Covid-19 Sociology Symposium Webinar
- Covid-19 UK Parliament news
- Select committees re Covid-19
- Research and analysis on Covid-19:
- Knowledge Exchange hub
- Edinburgh Decameron: Lockdown Sociology at Work
- SAGE Publishing - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Research
- ISA Digital Worlds - Global sociology and the coronavirus blog
- The Syllabus – coronavirus readings
- Karen Kendrick – Is this What Sociology is for?
- Deborah Lupton – Digitised Quarantine
- Funda Ustek-Spilda et al – The Untenable Luxury of Self-Isolation